A wonderful opportunity has been given to us by Hope House; they will be running monthly peer supervision sessions at Hope House (opposite St Martins church) on Monday evenings 7:30pm, and they are open to our LMF volunteers.
The first discussion session is on motivating change in clients by John Louw from Stepping Stones. There is no cost, just a donation box towards the tea!
I hope that some of you will be able to attend and benefit from this wonderful opportunity!
If you need further information, contact Judy Strickland on 021-715 0424.
1. Pray for Malibongwe Guqa (the acting principal) at Lourier Primary School as he leads the staff and faces many challenges in his new role.
2. Pray for Dani and Leanne's (UCT 4th year students) group at Bergvliet High School as they form relationships with the learners and help them cope with their challenges.
3. Zwaanswyk Academy - please pray for Megan and Arlene (UCT 3rd year interns) who are counselling challenging clients and complex situations
4. Constantia Primary - continue to pray for a volunteer to support Eleanor, the remedial teacher (on Tuesdays or Thursdays).
5. Pray for our annual Pathfinders Camp with the Lourier Primary grade 8's in April as the Lauren and the team raise money and recruit facilitators.
Prayer Points: * Praise God for the life-changing presentation by Justice Acts organisation (in alliance with Christians Against Trafficking) at Constantia Primary this morning.
1. Zwaanswyk Academy - please pray for more volunteers to either run a bible class or be available as a back-up (every second Monday during term time 8am - 8:30am).
2. Constantia Primary - pray for a volunteer to support Eleanor, the remedial teacher (on Tuesdays or Thursdays).
3. Somerset West LMF - pray for the teacher at Helderberg College who found 2 pupils drowned on their school camp.
4. Pray for all our UCT Social Work interns as they decide which schools they will serve in and what projects to be involved with; Leanne McNair and Dani Turner (4th years), Megan Moreland and Arlene Bock (3rd years).
5. Volunteer Meeting - pray for all our volunteers as they attend our quarterly volunteer meeting on Monday night and for Pauline, our speaker from FAMSA.